11.28.2015

"You Need Endurance"


PRAYERFUL RELIANCE ON JEHOVAH

One of the primary ways we gain strength needed to endure trials is through prayerful reliance on God. Consider one example. Tragedy struck Ana's family on a Monday afternoon.  Her husband of 30 years passed away suddenly. "He never returned home from work," says Ana, "and he was only 52 years old."

How did Ana cope?  She had to go back to work, which helped because her job required almost complete concentration but did not eliminate the pain she felt.  She comments:  "I poured my heart out to Jehovah and begged him to help me cope with the dreadful loss."  Did Jehovah answer her prayers?  She is convinced that he did. She says:  "The peace that only God can give soothed my soul and saved my sanity.  I have no doubt that Jehovah will bring my husband back in the resurrection." -Philippians 4:6, 7. 

The "Hearer of prayer" has promised to provide his servants with whatever   they need  to remain faithful to him.  (Psalm 65:2)  Would you not agree that this assurance  is faith-strengthening?  Doe it not help you to see why you too can endure? 

Next time: "You Need Endurance" -CHRISTIAN MEETINGS -A SOURCE OF SUPPORT

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.