11.28.2015

"You Need Endurance"


AFTER Anita was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, her husband became fiercely opposed.  "He prevented me from going to meetings and forbade me even to mention God's name," says Anita.  "Just saying the name Jehovah caused my husband to fly into a rage."

Teaching her children about Jehovah posed  another serious challenge for Anita.   "The worship of Jehovah was banned in my own home.   I was not able to study  openly with  my children, nor could I take them to meetings."

As Anita's experience illustrates, opposition  from family members can be a real test of a Christian's integrity.  The same can be said of chronic health problems, the death of a child or a spouse, or a close family member's turning his back on Jehovah.  Hence, what can help a Christian to remain faithful to Jehovah?  

In the face of such trials, what would you do?  The apostle Paul said:  "You need endurance." (Hebrews 10:36) But what can help you to endure? 

Next time: "You Need Endurance" -PRAYERFUL RELIANCE ON JEHOVAH

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.