11.07.2015

COVER SUBJECT: Why Do People Pray?


PRAYER What It Can Do for You

Comfort and strength when facing trials. 

Are you facing extreme stress, perhaps even life-threatening or tragic circumstances?  Praying to "the God of all comfort" can bring immense relief.  The Bible says that he "comforts us in all our trials." (2 Corinthians 1:3, 4) For instance, on one occasion  when Jesus was great distressed, "he bent his knees and began to pray."  The result?  "An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him." (Luke 22:41, 43) Another faithful man, Nehemiah, suffered threats from evil people who tried to stop him from doing God's work. He prayed:  "Now, I pray, strengthen my hands."  The subsequent events show that God really did help him to rise above his fears and to succeed in his work.  (Nehemiah 6:9-16) Reginald, in Ghana, describes his experience with prayer:  "When I pray, especially in times of overwhelming difficulties, I get a feeling of having told my problem to someone who has the means to help me and who assures me that there is not cause for alarm."  Yes, God can comfort us when we pray to him. 

Next time: COVER SUBJECT: Why Do People Pray? Conclusion of PRAYER What It Can Do for You

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.