9.12.2016

Words of Comfort in Troubled Times


WHEN A MARRIAGE BREAKS UP

"When my husband suddenly left me, I felt hurt and angry," recalls Raquel.  "And a terrible sadness overwhelmed me. But I drew close to God, and he comforted me. The peace of God protected my heart when I turned to him daily in prayer. It seemed to me that he repaired my broken heart.

And thanks to the Word, the Bible, I conquered my feelings of anger and resentment. I took to heart the words of the apostle Paul at Romans 12:21:  'Do not let yourself be conquered by evil, but keep conquering the evil with good.'

"One wise counselor helped me to see the need to move on. He showed me Ecclesiastes 3:6 and kindly told me that there is a time when we have to 'give up as lost.' It was  tough advice, but it was what I needed. I now have new goals in life."

"When your marriage breaks up, you need support," Elizabeth  states:  "I had a dear friend who gave me that support, day after day. She cried with me, comforted me, and made me feel loved rather than rejected.  I am convinced that Jehovah used her to heal my emotional wounds."

Next time: Words of Comfort in Troubled Times/IN TIMES OF SICKNESS OR OLD AGE

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.