9.12.2016

Words of Comfort in Troubled Times


IN TIMES OF SICKNESS OR OLD AGE

Luis, quoted in the opening article of this series, has a serious heart condition, and he almost died on  two occasions. He now needs to be on oxygen 16 hours a day.  "I pray to Jehovah constantly," he says.  "And after praying to God, I feel his spirit giving me strength. Prayer gives me the courage to keep going because I have faith in him and know that he cares for me." 

"I want to do so many things, but I just can't," explains Petra, who is in her 80's.  "Seeing my strength diminish is very hard.  I feel drained and have to rely on medication. I often think  of the way Jesus asked his Father to let a certain hardship pass by if it was possible.  But Jehovah gave Jesus strength, and he strengthens me.  Prayer is my daily therapy. I feel much better after talking to God." -Matthew 26:39. 

Julian, who has been battling multiple sclerosis for nearly 30 years, feels likewise. "I have exchanged an executor's chair for a wheelchair" he says.  "But my life is worthwhile because it is devoted to serving others. Giving can alleviate suffering, and Jehovah does keep his promise to strengthen us in time of need. Like the apostle Paul, I can truly say:  "For all things I have the strength through the one who gives me power." -Philippians 4:13. 

Next time: Words of Comfort in Troubling Times/IN TIMES OF LOSS

From the Watchtower magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.