1.27.2017

Conclusion of HOW TO DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT


Sexual harassment quiz

"In middle school, boys would pull on the back of my bra and make derogatory  comments-like how much better I would feel once I had sex with them." -Coretta. 

Do you think that those boys were 

A. Teasing?

B. Flirting?

C, Sexually harassing her?

"On the bus, a boy started saying nasty things tome and grabbing me. I smacked his hand away and told him to move. He looked at me like I was crazy.-Candice. 

What do you think this boy was doing to Candice?

A. Teasing? 

B. Flirting?

C. Sexually harassing her?

"Last year, a boy kept telling me that he liked me and that he wanted to go out with me, even though I constantly told him no. Sometimes, he rubbed my arm. I told him to stop, but he wouldn't. Then, while I was tying my shoe, he smacked my rear end." -Bethany. 

In your opinion, was this boy:  

A. Flirting?

B. Teasing?

C. Sexually harassing her?

The correct answer to all three questions is C.

What makes sexual harassment different from flirting or teasing?  "Sexual harassment is one-sided," says a girl named Eve.  "It continues even when you tell the person to stop."  Harassment is serious. Not only can it affect your grades and health but it can also lead to sexual violence. 

Next time: How Can I Protect Myself From Sexual Harassment?/The Bible's answer

From the jw.org publications 
















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.