1.26.2017

Continue with HOW DO I DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT?


SITUATION:

"When I was in the sixth grade, two girls grabbed me in the hallway. One of them was lesbian, and she wanted me to go out with her. Although I refused, they continued to harass me every day between classes.  Once, they even pushed me up against a wall!" -Victoria, 18.

Victoria could have thought: 'If I tell anyone about this, I will be labeled as weak, and no one will believe me.'

Why that thinking probably would not have helped:  If you hold back from telling someone, the harasser may continue and even go on to harass  others. -Ecclesiastes  8:11. 

Try this instead:  Get help. Parents and teachers can give you the support you need to deal with your harasser. But what if the people you tell don't take your complaint seriously?  
Try this: Every time you are harassed, write down the details. Include the date, time, and location  of each incident, along with what the harasser said. Then give a copy of it to your parent or teacher. Many people treat a written complaint more seriously than a verbal one. 

Next time: HOW DO I DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT?

From the jw.org publications
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.