1.25.2017

Conclusion of Young People Ask/Am I Obsessed With My Appearance?


Julia's Story

When I was 16, I had major issues with my weigh. I've never been overweight, but I'm not naturally skinny either. I was curvy. I thought that just maybe, if I were slender, guys would like me. So I almost starved myself in order to achieve the body I wanted.

I got skinny, but I ended up with health problems as  a result.  These were addressed, but the emotional effects are still there. To this day, I have issues with food. I've slowly come to terms with my body.  I eat right and exercise.  But when I am upset with myself about something, my automatic reaction is to punish myself by not eating. 

If I could, I would tell other young people to remember that everyone has different perspective. No matter what you look like, there will always be some people who think you are attractive and others who don't. The important thing is that you are healthy.  That's what matters to those truly care about you. 

Next time: YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/HOW CAN I DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT?

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.