1.26.2017

Continue with HOW DO I DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT?


SITUATION:

"I was really afraid of this one boy who was on the rugby team. He was almost two meters (6.5 ft) tall, and he weighed 135  kilograms (300 lb) He got it into his head that he was going to 'have me.'   He pestered me almost every day-for a whole year. One day, we were the only people in the classroom, and he started closing in on me. I jumped up and ran out the door." -Julieta, 18. 

Julieta could think: 'That's just the way boys are.'

Why that probably won't help:  Your harasser is unlikely to change his behavior if everyone thinks it acceptable. 

Try this instead:  Resist the temptation to laugh it off or to respond with a smile.  Rather, make sure that your reaction-including your facial expression-makes it clear to your harasser what you will and will not tolerate.

Would I do?

TRUE STORY 1:

"I don't like being rude to people at all. So even when guys kept harassing me, I would tell to stop-but I wasn't very firm, and I often smiled as I spoke to them.  They thought I was flirting." -Tabitha.

* If you were Tabitha, how would you have dealt with those harassers?  Why? 

* What may cause a harasser to think that you are flirting with him or her? 

Next time: Continue with HOW DO I DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT?

From the jw.org publications


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.