1.28.2017

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/What Should I Know About Texting?


What you should know:  If you give out your number to just anyone, you can get into trouble. 

"If you aren't careful about you knows your number, you're bound to receive messages or pictures you don't want." -Scott.

"If you  regularly text a member of the opposite sex, you can get emotionally attached to that person very quickly." -Seven.

The Bible says:  "Shrewd is the one that has seen the calamity and proceeds to conceal himself." (Proverbs 22:3/  By taking a few precautions, you can spare yourself a lot of grief. 

True story:  "A boy and I were friends, and we texted a lot. I reasoned that we were just really close. I didn't think that was a problem until he told me that he had developed romantic feelings for me. Looking back, I realize that I shouldn't have hung out with him-and texted him-as much as I did." -Melinda. 

Consider: How, do you think, would Melinda's friendship with the boy be affected his revelation? 

Rewrite the script! What could Melinda have done differently so that she and the boy could have remained friends and nothing more?

Next time: YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/What Should I Know About Texting?

From the jw.org publications





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.