1.21.2017

Conclusion of INTERVIEW/ELDAR NEBOLSIN



What aroused your interest in spiritual matters? 

Our house was always full of books, which my father brought from Moscow.  A book that especially interested me contained Bible stories about the dawn of history and the experiences of the Israelites. Another book I came across was You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, published by Jehovah's Witnesses.  Its clear presentation of Bible teachings fascinated me. When I moved to Spain in 1991 to study music, I took that book with me and read it several times. I discovered a faith based not merely on emotion but also on sound reasoning and convincing evidence.

A teaching that really intrigued me was the Bible's promise that humans can live forever on earth. That made so much sense!  I might add that I still had not met Jehovah's Witnesses. But I resolved that when I did meet them, I would ask for Bible lessons.

How did you meet the Witnesses? 

A few days after I made that mental resolution, I saw two ladies, each with a Bible in hand.  'They look like people I've read about in my book,' I thought. 'They are preaching just as Christians did in Bible times.'  Soon, I was studying  the Bible with a Witness. Today, my greatest joy is helping others to learn about our Creator.

What convinced you, a former artist, to believe in the Creator? 


Music itself did. Almost everybody appreciates music, and in a way that no animal can. Music can express joy, confidence, tenderness, and almost every other emotion. We naturally move to the rhythm in music. But is music necessary for our survival?  Does it play a role in the "survival of the fittest," as evolutionist teach?  I think not. In my view, it's unreasonable to conclude that the human brain, with its ability to create and appreciate music like that of Mozart, and Beethoven, is the product of evolution.  A far more reasonable explanation is that our brain  is the product of a wise and loving Creator.

What led you to believe that the Bible is from God?

The Bible is a collection of 66 smaller books written over some 1,600 years by about 40 men.  I asked myself, 'Who could have orchestrated the writing of this unified masterpiece?'  The only reasonable answer is God. In my mind, the Bible is like a symphony  with an elegant structure, a masterful arrangement, and moving message for all mankind.

Next time: Meeting the Challenges of Menopause

From the jw.or publications 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.