1.25.2017

Continue with HOW DO I DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT?


What if I'm being sexually harassed? 

Sexual Harassment is more likely to stop if you know what it is and how to react to it! Consider three situations and how you might deal with each one.

Situation:  

"At work some guys who were much older than I am kept telling me I was beautiful and that they wished I was 30 years younger. One of them even walked up behind me and sniffed my hair!" -Tabitha, 20.  

Tabitha could think: 'If I just ignore it and tough it out, maybe he will stop.' 

Why that probably won't help:  Experts say that when victims ignore sexual harassment, it often continues and even escalates. 

Try this instead:  Speak up and calmly but clearly tell your harasser that you won't  tolerate his speech or behavior.  "If anyone  touches me inappropriately," says 22-year-old Taryn, "I turn around and tell him not to touch me ever again.  That usually catches the guy off guard."  If your harasser persists, be firm and don't give up. When it comes to maintaining high moral standards, the Bible's advice is:  "Stand firm, mature and confident." -Colossians 4:12, The New Testament Contemporary Language. 

What if the harasser threatens to harm you?  In that case, don't confront him.  Escape the situation as quickly as possible, and seek the help of a trusted adult. 


Note: When I was younger, I forget what age, but younger than 25 years of age, My mother and  I was going past this one table in a restaurant and she was in front of me, as I was passing by this table, with a single man sitting at it. He smacked me on my butt. I turned around and told him firmly with an expression of anger to keep his filthy hands to himself and that he had no right to touch me. He did not say a word, but  had a look of surprise on his face. My mother stopped and looked back at me and said why did you do that? I told her he smacked me on my butt and no one is touch me unless I say otherwise.  She just said okay.   Does this does work with some people, but you really have to be cautious. There are a lot of sexual deviants out there,that may not stop or want to. 


Next time: Continue with How DO I DEAL WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT?

From the jw.org publications





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.