1.29.2017

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/What Should I Know About Texting?


Texting tips

Whom you text

:-) Obey your parent's guidelines. -Colossians 3:20. 

:-) Be selective about whom you give your number to. When you politely refuse to share private information-including your cell-phone-number you develop a skill that you'll need as an adult.

:-) Don't become over familiar by sending flirtatious text messages.  If romantic feelings grow, you're only inviting frustration and heartache. 

"I've built up a god record with my parents regarding the use of my cell phone, sot hey trust me to make wise decisions about whose number I will put in my contact list." -Briana. 

What you text

:-) Before you start to type your message, ask yourself,  'Is texting the right way to communicate the situation?'  It might be better to make a phone call or wait to speak in person. 

:-) Don't text anything you wouldn't say in person. "If It shouldn't be sad out loud, it shouldn't be sent by text," says 23- year-old Sarah.

"If someone send you provocative pictures, tell your parents. it will serve as  protection and will also build your parent's trust in you." -Sirvan.

Next time: YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/What Should I Know About Texting? -When you text. 

From the jw.org publications 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.