1.24.2017

Continue with: Young People Ask/Am I Obsessed With My Appearance?


'Should I change the way I look?' 

Consider what some of your peers say. 

"You can't always change the things you don't like about yourself, so it's best to accept your flaws. If you do, other people are less likely to noticed them." -Rori.

"Do what you can to be healthy. If you're healthy, you'll look the way you're supposed to look. And if someone can't appreciate you for who you are (rather than what you look like), that person isn't your friend." -Olivia.

The bottom line: Do what you can to look your best. But don't worry about the rest. Being overly concerned about how you look can be dangerous. (See "Julia's story.") 

On the other hand, a balanced attitude will help you view yourself realistically, as a young woman name Erin learned.  "Sure, I have insecurities," she says, "but I notice that I feel bad only when I focus on the wrong things. Now I just exercise regularly and eat right.  The rest falls into place naturally." 

Next time: Continue with Young People Ask/Am I Obsessed With My Appearance?

From the jw.org publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.