1.24.2017

Continue with Young People Ask/ Am I Obsessed With My Appearance?


The best makeover ever!

When you have a balanced view of your body image, you will feel ( and even look) your best. The Bible can help. It encourages you to cultivate the following: 

* Contentment. "It's better to enjoy what we have then to want something else, because that makes more sense than chasing the wind." -Ecclesiastes 6:9, Contemporary English Version.

* A balanced approach to exercise. "For Bodily training is beneficial for a little; but godly devotion" is beneficial for all things, as it hold promise for life now and that which is to come . - 1 Timothy 4:8.

* Inner beauty.  "Man sees what appears to the eyes; but as for Jehovah, he sees what the heart is." -1 Samuel 16:7. 

"Our face shows how we feel about ourself. If a person is content, others can see that and they are automatically drawn drawn to that person." -Sarah.  

" Prettiness can get quick attention. But who you are on the inside and your good qualities are what people remember the most about you the most." - Phylicia.

Note: I was told a few times that I was either pretty or beautiful. But let me tell you, being pretty or beautiful isn't everything.   I kept getting  bothered by men, who all they wanted was to hit the sheets with me. I am not about that, and never was, and I was not that desperate for man to be willing to do that. Nor did I ever chase a man.  No man is worth chasing after.  They would have to chase after me. I wanted a real sincere relationship, not a one time physical thing. So girls. Be happy with what you do have. If that is a great personality, then work with that and be happy.   Inner beauty comes from within, not from the outside.  I have seen some beautiful women who had the worst personality ever.  God does not bless everyone with beauty, because he feels that it is better coming from within/your great personality. See also Proverbs 11:22; Colossians 3;10, 12; 1 Peter 3:3, 4. 

Next time: Conclusion of Young People Ask/ Am I Obsessed With My Appearance? 

From the jw.org publication























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.