1.29.2017

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK?What Should I Know About Texting?


When you text

:-) Decide in advance when your phone will be off-limits.  "I don't have my cell phone with me at the dinner table or while studying," says a girl named Olivia.  "I turn it off during Christian meetings so that I'm not tempted to look at it." 

:-) Be considerate.  (Philippians 2:4/ Don't text while you're trying to carry on a face-to-face conversation with someone.

"I've set rules for myself, such as not texting people when I'm in a group of friends unless it's necessary. I also don't give out my number to people I'm not already close to." -Janelly.

Texting quiz

Scenario 1

You've been dating for months, but you now realize that the person just isn't right for you.  Which would be the better text message to send to the person?

A. "We're through."

B. " We need to talk. When can we get together?" 

Correct answer: B.  Unless circumstances make it inadvisable, it's best to discuss in person the serious matter of break up. -Luke 6:31. 

Scenario 2

You receive a text message that contains a lewd photo of a schoolmate. What is your best option?

A. Delete the photo immediately.  

B. Forward it to all your friends. 

Correct answer: A.  "Sexting" degrades everyone involved. Refuse to be any part of it! -Ephesians 5:3, 4. 

Scenario 3

You're at the dinner table with your family and a familiar tone alerts you that you just received a text message. What is your best option?

A. Check the incoming message and assume that your family will excuse the interruption.

B. Wait until after dinner to check your message.

Correct answer: B. The text message can wait. Put family first. -Philippians 1:10. 


Next time: Teenagers/Pressured for Sex -What if I'm Being Pressured to Have Sex?

From the jw.org publications 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.