7.27.2015

A Balanced View of Money


HOW DO YOU VIEW MONEY?

A self-examination might alert you to the need to acquire a balanced view of money.  For example, ask yourself the following questions. 

* Am I attracted to get-rich-quick schemes? 

* Do I find it difficult to be generous with my money? 

* Do I tend to make friends with people who constantly talk about money and  
   the things they own?

* Do i resort to lying or to other unethical practices in order to make money?

* Does money make me feel important? 

*Am I always thinking about money?

* Is my attitude toward money adversely affecting my health and my family life?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, make an effort to reject materialistic thoughts and temptations. Avoid friendships with people who attach too  much importance to  money and possessions. Instead, seek association with people who place a greater value on high moral principles than on possessions. 

Never allow the love of money to take root in your heart. Rather, keep money in its place-always subordinate to friends, family, and your emotional and physical health.  By doing so, you will show that you have a balanced view of  money.  

Next time: HELP FOR THE FAMILY/MARRIAGE -How to Apologize

From the AWAKE!  magazine, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.