7.19.2015

LIFE AFTER DEATH IS IS POSSIBLE?


Is There Hope for the Dead?

THE  BIBLE'S ANSWER:  "The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear [Jesus'] voice and come out." -John 5:28, 29. 

Jesus thus foretold the future time when, under the rule of his Kingdom,  the Grave would be emptied.  "I was astounded the first time I read  John 5:28, 29." recalls Fernando, mentioned in the preceding article.  "It gave me hope, and I started thinking about the future with optimism."

In ancient times, the faithful Job expected that after his death God would eventually restore him to life.  Job asked:  "If a man dies,,  can he live again?"  Then he confidently answered:  "I will wait all the days of my compulsory service [time in the Grave} until  my relief comes. You will call, and I will answer you." -Job 14:14, 15. 

The resurrection was not a new thought to Lazarus' sister Martha. After Lazarus died, Jesus said to her:  "Your brother will rise." Martha responded:  "I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day."  Jesus then said to her:  "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life!  That thrilling account gives us a preview of grander events in the future.  Imagine such resurrections taking place on a global scale!

Next time: Is There Hope for the Dead? - Will some be raised to heaven? 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.