7.14.2015

How to Deal With Anxiety


WHAT HAVING FAITH REALLY MEANS

But what really is faith?  Faith involves "coming to know" God as a person.  (John 17:3) We do so first by absorbing God's thoughts through the Bible. We learn that he sees each of us and wants to help us. Yet, real faith involves more  than just knowing something about God. It also means having a bond of respectful friendship with him. As is true with a human friend, we cannot forge such a bond overnight. Our faith "continues to increase " over time as we learn more about him, as we "do the things pleasing to him," and as we experience his active help .  (2 Corinthians 10:15; John 8:9) That is the kind of faith that helps Jesus deal with anxieties.

"What has truly helped build my faith is seeing Jehovah's hand every step of the way," says Janet.  "Many times we faced injustices that seemed impossible to deal with. With much prayer, Jehovah always made a way out for us that I never could have figured  out on my own. When I thank him, it reminds me of how much he has done for me. He has always come through for us at the right time, often just in time. And he has given me true friends who are genuine Christian men and women. They are always there for me and are good examples for my children." 

"I know why Jehovah says at Malachi 2:16: "I hate divorce.' For an innocent mate, its the deepest of betrayals.  Years have passed since my husband left, but at times I still feel hollow inside.  When I do, I try to do something to help someone else, and that always helps me too."  By thus applying the Bible principle to avoid isolating herself, Janet lowers her anxiety." -Proverbs 18:1.

My greatest comfort," Janet says, "comes from knowing that God is 'a father of the fatherless and a protector of widows." He will never abandon us as my husband did." (Psalm 68:5) Janet know that God does not test us  "with evil things."  On the contrary, he gives wisdom  "generously to all" and gives "power beyond what is normal" to help us deal with our anxieties." -James 1:5, 13;  2 Corinthians  4:7.  

But what if we are anxious because our life is in danger? 

Next time: How to Deal With Anxiety - ANXIETY ABOUT DANGER

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.