7.21.2015

LIFE STORY/Jehovah Has Given Me More Than I Deserve; AS TOLD MY FELIX ALARCON


ON THE MOVE DESPITE MY DISABILITY

I was determined not to let my condition stop me from doing all that i could in Jehovah's  service. I wanted to progress.  (1 Timothy 4:15) At first, that was not easy, for my family was opposed to my new faith.  But I had my fellow believers, who were my spiritual brothers and sisters.  They made sure that I never missed a meeting and that I had an active share in the preaching work.  

As time went by, however, it became evident that  I was going to need around- the-clock specialized care. After a long search, I eventually found a suitable center for the disabled in the city of Valencia, 100 miles (160 km) north of Alicante.  This center became  my permanent home. 


Although bedridden, I was determined to continue  pressing forward. Using my disability pension and other subsidies, I obtained a computer and had it installed next to my bed.  I also purchased a cell phone. Now, each morning, a caregiver switches on my computer and activates my cell phone.  To operate the computer, I use a joy-stick that I control with my chin. I also have a special rod that I hold with  my mouth.  This rod allows me to type letters on a keyboard and dial numbers on my cell phone. 

How has this technology helped me? First of all, it gives me access to the jw.org website and the Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY. What marvelous tools these have proved to be for me!  I often spend hours  each day studying and researching Bible-based publications so that I can continue learning about God and his wonderful qualities.  And whenever I feel alone or a little discouraged, there is always something on the website that lifts my spirits.

Next time: Conclusion of ON THE MOVE DESPITE MY DISABILITY 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.