7.21.2015

LIFE STORY/Jehovah Has Given Me More Than I Deserve AS TOLD BY FELIX ALARCON



AN ACCIDENT THAT CHANGED MY LIFE

I do not like to talk about that road accident. What I will say is that I was foolish and reckless. In just one day, my whole life changed completely. From being a young teenager full of vitality, I suddenly found myself paralyzed and stuck inside a hospital ward.  Coming to terms with this predicament was really tough.  I kept asking myself, 'Is there any point in living.'

Jose' Maria cam to see me, and he quickly arranged for Jehovah's Witnesses from the local congregation  to visit me at the hospital.  Those regular visits touched my heart. As soon as I left the intensive care unit, I began to study the Bible.  I discovered the truth about why people suffer and die and why God allows bad things to happen.  I also learned about God's promises for the future, when the whole earth will be filled with perfect humans and nobody will ever say:  "I am sick." (Isaiah 33:24) For the first time in my life, a wonderful hope was opening up to me.

When I left the hospital, I progressed quickly in my study of the Bible.  With the use of  a special wheelchair, I even attended some meetings of the Jehovah's Witnesses and shared in their preaching activity. On November 5, 1988, at the age of 29, I was baptized by immersion in a special bathtub. Jehovah God had given me a whole new outlook on life.  But could I do to show my appreciation? 

Next time: Jehovah Has Given Me More Than I Deserve-AS TOLD BY FELIX ALARCON -ON THE MOVE DESPITE MY DISABILITY

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.