7.30.2015

HELP FOR THE FAMILY/YOUNG PEOPLE


When a Courtship Ends

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW  A breakup can be painful, even for the person who initiated it.  "I felt terrible!" says a young woman named Sarah, who broke up with her boyfriend after six months.  "One minute this person was in my life and in my future; the next minute he was gone.  Then I'd hear songs that were special to the two of us, and that would remind me of the good times we had. I'd be at places that were special to us, and I'd feel the pain of his absence. I felt all of this even  though I was the one who initiated the breakup!" 

A breakup though painful, can be a good thing.  "You don't want to hurt the person," says Elaine. "On the other hand, you realize that eventually It would hurt both of you if you were to pursue a courtship that just isn't working." Sarah would agree.  "I think if you aren't happy with someone when you're dating him, you probably won't be happy married to him, so breaking up is for the best," she says."

A breakup does not make you a failure.  Really, a successful courtship ends in a decision, not always in marriage.  If either of you or your partner has serious misgivings, the right decision may well be to break up. If that happens, the fact that the relationship  has failed does not mean that you have failed. You can move on! How? 

Next time: Continue with HELP FOR THE FAMILY/YOUNG PEOPLE - When a Courtship Ends

From the AWAKE! magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.