7.22.2015

Conclusion of ON THE MOVE DESPITE MY DISABILITY


My computer also allows me to listen to and participate in congregation meetings. I can comment, offer prayers, present talks, and even read the Watchtower magazine when I am assigned to do so. Although I cannot attend those meetings in person, I still feel that I am very much a part of the local congregation.

Having a telephone and a computer also allows me to have a full share in the preaching work.  True, I cannot go from house to house as most of Jehovah's Witnesses do.  But that has not stopped me.  Using these tools I am able to share my faith with others. In fact, I enjoy my phone conversations so much that the local elders have even asked me to coordinate telephone preaching campaigns.  These campaigns have been particularly helpful to housebound members of the congregation who are unable to leave their homes. 

But my life does not revolve around just technology. Each day, dear friends come to see me. They bring along relatives and acquaintances who are interested in the Bible.  Often, they even ask me to take the lead in discussions with them. On other occasions, families visit and invite me to share in their evening of family worship.  I especially like it when young children sit at my bedside and tell me why they love Jehovah.

I appreciate receiving so many visitors.  My room is always hub of activity, with friends coming to see me from near and far. As you can imagine, this loving attention surprises the caregivers at my center. Each day, I thank Jehovah for allowing me to be part of such a wonderful brotherhood. 

Next time: LIFE STORY/ Jehovah Has Given Me More Than I Deserve-AS TOLD BY FELIX ALARCON - BATTLING ON

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.