7.04.2015

Coping With the Loss of a Loved One


"The House Felt Empty Without Her"

Loneliness is perhaps one of the greatest challenges faced by those who have lost a loved one.  For example, Ashley was 19 when her mother died of cancer.  "Afterward, I felt completely lost and alone," she says.  "My mother was my best friend.  We spent so much time together!" 

Understandably, Ashley found it difficult to come home each day and realize that her mother was not there.  "The house felt empty without her," she says.  "Many times I just went to my room and cried while I looked at pictures of her and thought about the things we used to do together."

Be assured that whether you have lost a family member or a dear friend, you are not alone in your grief.  Many have found effective ways to cope, as we shall see. 

Next time: Help for Those Who Grieve

From the AWAKE! magazine, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.