7.15.2015

How to Deal With Anxiety


THE IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER

Real faith helps us to deal with anxiety.  The Bible urges us to "be vigilant with a view to prayers." (1 Peter 4:7) We can ask God for his help and for the wisdom and courage to make the best of our situation, confident that "he hears us concerning whatever we are asking." -1 John 5:15.

The Bible explains that Satan, not God is "the ruler of this world" and that "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (John 12:31; 1 John 5:19) Therefore, Jesus used no mere figure of speech when he taught us to pray:  "Deliver us from the wicked one." (Matthew 6:13)  "Whenever the siren goes off, I ask Jehovah to help me control my feelings," says Alona.  "Also, my dear husband calls me and prays with me. Praying really helps." It is as the Bible says: "Jehovah is near to all those calling on him, to all who call on him in sincerity." -Psalm 145:18. 

Next time: How to Deal With Anxiety - OUR HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.