7.21.2015

LIFE STORY


Jehovah Has Given  Me More Than I Deserve - AS TOLD BY FELIX ALARCON

I was just 17 years old and had the concerns and ambitions typical of most teenagers. I loved mingling with my friends,swimming, and playing soccer.  But one evening my life changed dramatically.  I was involved in a horrific motorcycle accident that left me paralyzed from the neck down.  That was some 30 years ago, and I have been bedridden for a long time. 

I grew up in the city of Alicante, on the east coast of Spain. My family was completely dysfunctional, so as a youth  I spent much of my time on the streets. Close to my house was a tire repair shop. There I became friends with Jose' Maria, one of the employees. He was a warm person who gave me the attention I sorely missed in my own family.  In times of distress, he was like a real brother to me-a true friend, although he was 20 years my senior.

Jose' Maria had started studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses. I could tell that he loved the Scriptures, and he often shared Bible truths with me. I listened respectfully, but I never really took an interest in what he said.  My teenage heart was preoccupied with other matters.  That, however, was about to change. 

Next time: Jehovah Has Given Me More Than I Deserve - AN ACCIDENT THAT CHANGED MY LIFE 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.