7.20.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA - OUR FIRST MISSIONARY ASSIGNMENT

 In Colombia, we were first assigned to the branch office. I tried to do my best in my assignment, but after a year at the branch, I felt I needed a change. For the first and only time in my life, I asked for a different assignment. Thereafter, we were assigned as field missionaries to the city of Neiva, in the department of Huila.


I have always enjoyed the field ministry. As a single pioneer, in Finland, I would at times, preach from early in the morning to late in the evening. As a newly married couple, Sirkka and I would spend full days preaching. When working in distinct territories, we would sometimes sleep in our car. This cut down on travel time and allowed us to get and early the next day. 


As field missionaries, we once again felt the same enthusiasm we had earlier for the ministry. Our congregation grew, and the Colombian brothers and sisters were respectful, loving, and appreciative.


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA -THE POWER OF PRAYER


From the jw.org publications 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.