7.21.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA - JEHOVAH GIVES US "THE DESIRE AND THE POWER TO ACT" - Conclusiob

 We had other close calls. One one occasion while we were in the door-to-door work, my wife came running toward me, looking somewhat pale. She said that someone shot at her. That startled me.  However, we later realized that the gunman was not aiming at Sirkka; he was shooting a man who passing right next to her. 


In time, we learned to cope with violence. We were encouraged by the resilience of the local Witnesses who face situations like these and worse. We concluded that if Jehovah was helping them, he would help us too. We always needed the advice of local elders, took precautions, and left the rest in Jehovah's hands.


Of course, some situations were not as dangerous as we suspected. Once, I heard what sounded like two women screaming insults at each other outside the house I was visiting. I was not interested in watching an argument, but the householder coaxed me over to the patio. As things turned out, the "argument" was actually between two parrots that were mimicking the neighbors. 


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA - ADDITONAL PRIVILEGES AND STRUGGLES


From the jw.org publications 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.