7.22.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA -ADDITIONAL PRIVILEGES AND STRUGGLES - Conclusion

 I have a strong personality. This has helped me to face difficult circumstances.  However, I have at times been overly zealous in trying to correct matter in congregations. On occasion, I have energetically exhorted some to be loving and reasonable with others. Ironically, though, it was in those moments that I lacked the same qualities. -ROMANS 7:21-23.


Because of those failings, I have sometimes felt very discouraged. (Romans 7:24) At one point, I told Jehovah in prayer that it would be best for me to leave missionary service and return to Finland. That evening, I attended a congregation meeting. The encouragement I received there convinced me that I should stay in my assignment and keep working on my imperfections. To this day, I am touched by how clearly Jehovah answered that prayer. Additionally, I deeply appreciated how kindly he helped me to overcome my weaknesses. 


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA - LOOKING TO THE FUTURE WITH CONFIDENCE 


From the jw.org publications







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.