7.22.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA - LOOKING TO THE FUTURE WITH COFIDNCE

 Sirkka and I feel profoundly indebted to Jehovah for the privilege of having spent most of our life in full-time service. I am also very grateful to Jehovah for giving me such a loving and faithful wife all these years. 


Soon I will turn 70 years of age and will relinquish my privilege as field instructor ad a traveling overseer. However, this does not dishearten me. Why not? Because I firmly believe that what honors Jehovah most is what we serve him with modesty and that we praise him from a heart overflowing with love and gratitude.  (Micah 6:8; Mark12:32-34) To honor Jehovah, we do not need be in the limelight.


As I look back on the assignments that I have enjoyed, I realize that did not receive them because I was more worthy than others, nor did I have these privileges because of any outstanding ability. Far from it! Rather, Jehovah extended these assignments to me because of his undeserved kindness. He granted me these privileges   despite my weaknesses. I know that I have been able to fulfill these assignments only with Jehovah's help. In this way, my weaknesses have magnified God's strength. - 2 CORINTHIANS 12:9. 


Next time: Did You Know? / Why Did Foreigners Serve in King David's Army?


From the jw.org publications
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.