7.20.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA -THE POWER OF PRAYER

 Not too far from our assignment in Neiva were towns with no Witnesses. I was very concerned about how the good news would reach those areas.  However, because of guerrilla warfare, these areas were not safe for nonlocals. So I prayed   that someone in one of these town would become a Witness. I thought such a person would have to live in Neiva to learn the  truth. Therefore, I also prayed ager baptism he would mature spiritually and return to his hometown to preach. I should have known that Jehovah had a far better solution than I did.


Soon thereafter, I started a Bible study with a young man named Fernando Gonzalez. He lived in Algeciras, one of the towns where there were no Witnesses. Fernando would have to travel over 50 kilometers (30 ml) to Neivia to work. He prepared well for each study ad immediately started attending all the meetings. From the first week of his study, Fernando would gathered others in his hometown and teach them what he had learned from his Bible study.  


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA -THE POWER OF PRAYER -Conclusion


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.