7.21.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA - JEHOVAH GIVES US"THE DESIRE AND THE POWER TO ACT"

 In 1990, we were assigned to the traveling work. Our first circuit was in the capital city, Bogata'. The assignment intimidated us. My wife and I are ordinary people without any special talents. And we were not used to living in a bustling metropolis. However, Jehovah fulfilled his promise found at Philippians 2:13: "God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." 


Later. we were assigned to a circuit in the area of Medellin, the city I mentioned at the outset. People there had grown so accustomed to street violence that it no longer alarmed them.  For example, one time I was conducting a Bible study, a shoot-out began outside the house I was visiting. I was about to drop to the floor, but the Bible student continued reading the paragraph, unfazed. When he finished reading, he excused himself and went outside. After a while, he came back with two children and calmly said, "My apologies, but I had to get my kids." 


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY EKKI MIKELA - JEHOVAH GIVES US "THE DESIRE AND THE POWER TO ACT" -Conclusion


From the jw.org publications













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.