7.19.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA -Conclusion

 When I was 12, my father passed away. After that,s could attend congregation meetings. The brothers in the congregation showed kind interest in me, and this motivated me to progress spiritually. I started reading the Bible daily and studying our Christian publications diligently. These good study habits were key to my getting baptized at the age of 14, on August 8, 1969.


Soon after I finished my secular schooling, I started regular pioneering. Within a few weeks, I move to serve where the need was greater, in Pielavesi, near the center of Finland.


In Pielavesi, I met the girl who would become my dear wife, Sirkka. I felt drawn to her modest personality and deep spirituality. She did not seek prominence or material comforts. Both of us longed to serve Jehovah as fully as possible, regardless of any privileges of service. We married on March 23, 1974.  Instead of going on a honeymoon, we left to serve in Karttula, where there was an even greater need for Kingdom preachers. 


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ERKKI MAKELA - JEHOVAH CARED FOR US


From the jw.org publications



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.