8.20.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLET -DEFENDING OUR LEGAL RIGHTS

 Over the years I have had the privilege of using my legal background to help defend our freedom of worship in Europe and elsewhere. (Philippians 1:7) This brought me in contact with officials from than 55 countries where our work was restricted or banned. Rather than emphasize my legal experience, I introduced myself as "as a man of God." I always looked for Jehovah's guidance in prayer, acknowledging that "a king's [or judge's] heart is like streams of water in Jehovah's hand. He directs it wherever He pleases." - PROVERBS 21:1.


One experience that a left a particular impression on me was my interaction with a member of the European Parliament. I had made requests to him, and he finally agreed to meet. He said, "I'll give you five minutes, and not one minute more." I bowed my head and starting praying. The parliamentarian nervously asked me what I was doing. Raising my head, I said, "I thanked God because you are one of his ministers." He asked, "What do you mean?" I showed him Romans 13:4. He was a protestant, so this Bible caught his attention. The result, He gave me a half an hour, and we had a most productive meeting. He even expressed his respect for our work.


Over the years Jehovah's people have fought many legal battles in Europe regarding Christian neutrality, child custody, taxation, and more. It has been my privilege to share in many of them and to see firsthand how Jehovah gave us success and victory. Jehovah's Witnesses have won more than 140 cases in the European court of Human Rights!


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLET - CUBA OPENS UP


From the jw.org publications













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.