8.19.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLETT - FULL-TIME SERVICE

 In October 1961, I was able to find part-time work that would allow me to pioneer. That same day, though, I received a phone call from the branch servant in Belgium. He asked me if I was available to start serving as a circuit servant (now called a circuit overseer. "Couldn't we serve as pioneers first before accepting the assignment?" I asked. My request was granted. After serving as pioneers for eight months, we began circuit work in September 1962. 


Two years into circuit work, we were invited to serve at Bethel in Brussels. We started serving there in October 1964. This new assignment brought us many blessings. Shortly after Brother Knorr visited our Bethel in 1965, I surprised to be appointed as branch servant. Later, Elly and I were invited to Attend the 41st class of Gilead School. Brother Knorr's words spoken 13 years earlier had become true! After graduating, we returned to Belgium Bethel.


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLETT - DEFENDING OUR LEGAL RIGHTS


From the jw.org publications







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.