8.19.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLETT - LIFE DURING THE WAR - Conclusion

 Even before the war ended, our family enjoyed more regular contacts with the brothers. In August 1943, Brother Jose'-Nicolas Minet visited our farm to give a talk.  He asked, "Who wants to get baptized?" My dad raised his hand, and so did I. We got baptized in a small river near our farm.


In December 1944 the German army launched its last assault on its western front-widely known as the Battle of the Bulge. We lived near where the battle was taking place, and we were confined to our cellar for about a month. One day when I stepped out to feed the animals, artillery shells struck the farm, blowing away the barn roof. An American soldier in the stable near me cried out, "Lie down!" I ran and lay down near him, and he place his helmet on my head to protect me.


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY MARCEL GILLET - SPIRITUAL GROWTH


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.